The Newton Parks and Recreation Commission will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes Commissioner Reports on Programs Forestry and Maintenance, discussion on Crescent Street proposal for a park, Committee reports (Community Preservation, Farm Commission – need to elect a representative), Cabot Redesign Committee, Commonwealth Golf Course, Off-Leash Area Working Group, Crystal Lake Working Group, Athletic Fields Committee, NewCAL (Center for Active Living)), and discussions on field naming and sign policy.
The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes an appeal of a zoning violation notice issued by the Commission of Inspectional Services for use of a residence for an Association of Persons in a common dwelling without a special permit at 26 Channing Street and two appeals of the Commissioner of Inspectional Services Notices of Violation for operating a commercial business within a residential zone at 381 and 384 Dudley Road.
The Planning and Development Board will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes a presentation and public hearing on the FY18 Consolidated Annual and Performance and Evaluation Report, project update on 236 Auburn Street, staff updates, Planning and Development Board mission statements, and a listing of upcoming meetings/evernts so please mark your calendars.
The Newton Board of Assessors will meet on Wednesday, September 19th at 9:00 a.m. The agenda includes approval of the August 2018 Exemption and Abatement Report.
The Urban Design Commission will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in the Planning Conference Room. The agenda includes the following sign permit requests:
- Fusion Academy- 320 Needham Street
- Lululemon – 55 Boylston Street
- Stop & Shop – 165 Needham Street
- AT&T – 88-100 Needham Street
- LC Kids Montessori – 227 Washington Street
- Realr Skin Care – 415 Lexington Street
- Fully Promoted – 1191 Chestnut Street
- Atrium Wellness Center – 300 Boylston Street
The Staff Memo containing more detailed information can be found here.
The Land Use Committee will meet on Thursday, September 20th beginning at 6:45 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes 3 appointments to the Kessler Liaison Committee: Hynrich Wieschhoff, Barbara Sird, and Marilyn Wolman and one appointment to the Boston College Neighborhood Council: Karine Alexander.
The Land Use Committee will hold public hearings on Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber for the following items:
- Request for a Special Permit to amend a previously granted special permit/site plan approval for Kessler Woods LLC – to allow for off-site relocation of required inclusionary zoning units as well as 24 additional units at 219 Commonwealth Avenue which is currently required at the original site at 200 Estate Drive (See Planning Memo)
- Request for a Special Permit to amend a previously granted special permit/site plan approval to change the previously existing nonconforming restaurant use to allow a non-conforming salon use at 148 California Street/171 Watertown Street (See Planning Memo)
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow for development of the 1314 Washington Street/31-33 Davis Street (Santander Bank) properties and adding a 3 story addition and other related extensions and parking waivers (See Planning Memo)
Also on the agenda:
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to convert an existing single-family dwelling to a three-story, six residential unit building at 424-432 Cherry Street – NOTE: The Public Hearing for this item has been postponed until October 23rd.
The Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission will meet on Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following: requests for Certificate of Appropriateness:
- Request to install a cobblestone driveway apron and curbing at 28 Chestnut Hill Terrace
- Request front walkway, stairs and landing at 25 Nancy Road
- Request to replace landscape walls and install curbing at 25 Chestnut Hill Terrace
- Request to amend a previously approved house and garage and a request to build a port cochere and hardscaping at 45 Old England Road
- Request to replace gutters and downspouts and install a railing system at 154 Beacon Street
- Request to replace railing and decking system at 3 Meigh Road
- Request to move electrical converters and transformers at 100 Suffolk Road
Staff memo can be found here and packet documents can be found here.
The Traffic Council will meet on Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for a Stop Sign at Manet Road and Commonwealth Avenue
- Request for Stop Sign at Lancaster Road and Cotton Street
- Request for two-hour parking limit from Hammond Street to Suffolk Road to deter student and commuter parking
- Request for a review and possible changes to parking regulations on Davis Avenue between Waltham Street and Furbush Avenue (#TC23-18)
- Request for a review and possible changes to parking regulations on Davis Avenue between Waltham Street and Furbush Avenue (#TC20-18) – NOTE the Chair will ask for a motion of No Action Necessary
- Request for a four way stop at the intersection of Washington Avenue, Elsworth Road,and Parmenter Road
- Request for review and possible changes to the parking regulations on Tower Road
- Request to remove Bolton Road from Section 202 of the TPR but leave it in Section 205 of the TPR to correct an error
- Request to add a flashing yellow warning light at the intersection of Woodland Road and Auburn Street
- Request to add a No Right Turn on Red at the intersection of Commonwealth Avenue westbound and Washington Street
The Conservation Commission will meet on Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Six Notices of Intent/Request for Order of Conditions
- 156 and 170 Otis Street – restore and existing drainage pipe and two catch basin inlets
- Cobb Place – pave an existing, graveled privately owned street and install country drainage on both sides of the street
- 87 Boulder – to tear down and construct a new single family home
- 1 Quinobequin Road – replace a 16″ gas main under the Charles River
- Needham Street/Needham Highland Bridge – reconstruct Needham Street from Winchester Street to Oak/Christina Street intersection and rehabilitate the Needham Street Bridge across the River
- 33 Wayne Road – continuation of an enforcement action – tear down/new build and bring site into compliance
- Two requests for Certificate of Compliance
- 1 Malvern Terrace – tear down and new build
- 280 Islington Road – additions to single-family home
The Packet Documents can be found here.
The School Committee will meet in Executive Session on Monday, September 17th at 6:00 in Room 304 at the Ed Center to discuss collective bargaining strategy with the NTA (Newton Teachers Association) and an update on the Middlesex Superior Court Civil Action case: Koplan et al. v. Newton School Committee. The Notice of Executive Session can be found here.
Following Executive Session, the School Committee will convene in Open Session at 7:00 p.m. in Room 210 at the Ed Center. The agenda includes the following: