The Newton Upper Falls Historic Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, August 13th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205 to discuss two petitions: a request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to replace four windows for property located at 969 Chestnut Street, and a request for a Certificate of Appropriateness for feedback on a proposed project to renovate an existing house and build a rear addition for property located at 70-72 High Street. For more information, please contact Barbara Kurze by phone at 617-796-1129 or by email at: email@example.com. The Newton Upper Falls Historic Commission agenda can be found here.
There are no Board meetings this week – July 6th.
However, the Upper Falls Historic District Commission meeting will meet on Thursday, July 9th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205. The Commission will review of as-built drawings for the gable end of a barn, and review window and vent installations and the process to repair the sidewalk at 59 High Street, a request for modifications to a landscape plan to include a 35-foot retaining wall and steps on the north side of the driveway and to install wood instead of previously approved fiberglass gutters at 43-45 High Street; and continue a working session on a proposal to renovate an existing house and build an addition at 70- 72 High Street. For more information on these or other Upper Falls Historic Commission matters, please contact Barbara Kurze at 617.796.1129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Land Use Chairman Marc Laredo issued the following schedule for the Austin Street Special Permit Application:
July 21st – Framework discussion.
September 24th – Discussion of the Planning Department’s vision for Newtonville and how this project fits within that vision.
October 6th – Discussion of the design for Walnut Street and how this project fits within that design.
October 20th – Discussion of any remaining issues.
October 27th or 29th – Discussion of any remaining issues.
November 10th and 12th – Final presentation, final public comments, close public hearing.
November 16th– Target date for Board of Aldermen vote.
The complete memo can be found here.
Apologies – the Auburndale HIstoric Commission meeting this Tuesday will be at 7:30 pm – NOT 7:00 p.m. as originally posted.
The Auburndale Historic Commission will meet on Tuesday, June 9th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205 and will discuss the following items:
33 Woodland Road, to build two new houses on subdivided lot, continuation from May 12, 2015 meeting;
204 Woodland Road, to replace porch columns and porch guard rail, rebuild porch stairs;
256 Woodland Road, to rebuild sun room;
46 Vista Avenue, to replace existing garage with three-car garage.
The official agenda can be found here.
The Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, June 11th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205.
The agenda includes the following:
1. 43-45 High Street – Certificate of Appropriateness Request to modify approved landscape plan to add 35-foot long retaining wall and steps on north side of drive and to change approved fiberglass gutters to aluminum.
2. 342-344 Elliot Street – Certificate of Appropriateness Request to build 15-seat outdoor patio addition to rear of existing building.
3. 80-82 High Street – Certificate of Appropriateness Request to replace fence along left and right side of property and to replace a section of the rear fence.
4. 232-234 Elliot Street – Certificate of Appropriateness Request to replace doors and walkway; to remove front awning, fence and piers; and to seal coat driveway.
5. 70-72 High Street – Working Session Request for feedback on proposed project to renovate existing house, add carport and egress landing, and build rear addition with in-ground garage.
6. 117 High Street – Certificate of Appropriateness Request to replace replace windows.
7. 59 High Street – Certificate of Appropriateness Present drawings for solutions to remedy the project so that it aligns with the drawings originally submitted and approved.
The official agenda can be found here.