Affordable Housing Opportunities:
- SEB is accepting applications for 2 affordable condominiums being built at 1521 Beacon Street in Newton, MA. One home will be sold at an affordable price to households with incomes at or below 80% of the Area Median Income. The other home will be sold at an affordable price to households with incomes at or below 65% of the Area Median Income. Completed applications and required income documentation must be recieved, NOT POSTMARKED by 2:00 p.m. on August 20, 2018. More information
- Hancock Estates is an 88 unit rental apartment community. 4 of these apartments will be available to households with incomes at or below 80% AMI, 1 unit will be available to households with incomes at or below 65% AMI, and 4 apartments will be made available to households at or below 50% AMI (the Low-Income units). Units include in-unit washers and dryers, and include one parking spot. More information
Poll Workers Needed:
- The City Clerk’s Offices is looking for poll workers for both the upcoming September 4th Primary and the November 6th elections. More information and an application can be found here.
The results of the Newtonville Area Council have just been released! The Preliminary Survey Report can be found here. Results of the survey can be found here.
The Washington Place Liaison Committee will meet tonight at 6:00 p.m. in the City Hall Cafeteria. The agenda includes:
- demolition update
- open discussion
The Newtonville Area Council will meet on Tuesday, May 15th at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Cafeteria. The agenda includes the following:
- Burning Community Issues
- Report on the Charette Report
- Report on the Progress of the Survey
- Improving communications and outreach
The Newtonville Area Council will be hosting a special meeting on Monday, April 30th at 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Cafeteria. The agenda includes a discussion of general community issues, postcard discussion and vote, report on the Charette and vote, and a discussion and finalization of the survey.
The Boston College Neighborhood Council will meet on Thursday, April 26th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 106. The Council will discuss Boston College’s application to install wireless communications equipment on buildings along the Centre Street and Commonwealth Avenue campuses.
Newtonville Area Council: The Newtonville Area Council is scheduled to meet on April 12th, at 7:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria at Newton City Hall. The agenda can be found here.
Waban Area Council: The Waban Area Council is scheduled to meet on April 12th at 7:30 p.m. at the Waban Library Center. The agenda can be found here.
The Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, April 19th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following requests for Certificate of Appropriateness: slate roof repair and copper hip and ridge installation at 25 Essex Road, house and garage roof replacement from fiberglass to slate at 37 Suffolk Road, replacement of casement windows and grass paver turnaround at 350 Beacon Street, final approval request for chimney cap, porch screen replacement, window coating and rear wrought iron fencing at 34 Beacon Street, garage demolition request with new garage replacement, rear and side sunroom extensions, replacement of sunroom screens and doors with windows and construction of rear deck at 29 Reservoir Road, and continuation of a discussion of restoration and replacement of stucco, replacement of windows and doors, rear balcony installation, bridge balusters, hardscaping and grade changes at 152 Suffolk Road. Please see the revised agenda for more information.
The Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, April 12th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following: requests for a Certificate of Appropriateness for the following: driveway repavement, installation of a new walkway, addition of gravel parking areas and a boulder wall at 21-23 High Street, sign installation at 287-301 Elliot Street, continuation of a discussion to convert barn/garage to dwelling unit at 1272 Boylston Street. Please see the agenda, staff memo, and the packet documents for more information.
The following Area Councils will be meeting this week:
Newtonville Area Council: The Newtonville Area Council is scheduled to meet on Monday, January 23rd at 7 p.m. , at City Hall in Room 205. The agenda can be found here.
Waban Area Council Subcommittee: A subcommittee of the Waban Area Council will meet on Wednesday, January 25th at 7:30 p.m. at the Waban Library. The meeting notice can be found here.