The Newton Human Rights Commission will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 106C at Newton City Hall. The agenda can be found here and includes: Hate Incidents between July and September 2018, Transgender Discrimnation report by Holly Ryan and Emily Prenner, LGBTQA Resource Guide by Bryan Barash, co-sponsored event with the Harmony Foundation and the Newton Theater Company: “It’s a Wonderful Life” on May 5th at Aquinas Auditorium and Human Rights Awards Night set for December 4th – location and time TBD.
The Newton Parks and Recreation Commission will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes Commissioner Reports on Programs Forestry and Maintenance, discussion on Crescent Street proposal for a park, Committee reports (Community Preservation, Farm Commission – need to elect a representative), Cabot Redesign Committee, Commonwealth Golf Course, Off-Leash Area Working Group, Crystal Lake Working Group, Athletic Fields Committee, NewCAL (Center for Active Living)), and discussions on field naming and sign policy.
The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes an appeal of a zoning violation notice issued by the Commission of Inspectional Services for use of a residence for an Association of Persons in a common dwelling without a special permit at 26 Channing Street and two appeals of the Commissioner of Inspectional Services Notices of Violation for operating a commercial business within a residential zone at 381 and 384 Dudley Road.
The Planning and Development Board will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes a presentation and public hearing on the FY18 Consolidated Annual and Performance and Evaluation Report, project update on 236 Auburn Street, staff updates, Planning and Development Board mission statements, and a listing of upcoming meetings/evernts so please mark your calendars.
The Newton Board of Assessors will meet on Wednesday, September 19th at 9:00 a.m. The agenda includes approval of the August 2018 Exemption and Abatement Report.
The Urban Design Commission will meet on Monday, September 17th at 7:00 p.m. in the Planning Conference Room. The agenda includes the following sign permit requests:
- Fusion Academy- 320 Needham Street
- Lululemon – 55 Boylston Street
- Stop & Shop – 165 Needham Street
- AT&T – 88-100 Needham Street
- LC Kids Montessori – 227 Washington Street
- Realr Skin Care – 415 Lexington Street
- Fully Promoted – 1191 Chestnut Street
- Atrium Wellness Center – 300 Boylston Street
The Staff Memo containing more detailed information can be found here.
The Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission will meet on Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following: requests for Certificate of Appropriateness:
- Request to install a cobblestone driveway apron and curbing at 28 Chestnut Hill Terrace
- Request front walkway, stairs and landing at 25 Nancy Road
- Request to replace landscape walls and install curbing at 25 Chestnut Hill Terrace
- Request to amend a previously approved house and garage and a request to build a port cochere and hardscaping at 45 Old England Road
- Request to replace gutters and downspouts and install a railing system at 154 Beacon Street
- Request to replace railing and decking system at 3 Meigh Road
- Request to move electrical converters and transformers at 100 Suffolk Road
Staff memo can be found here and packet documents can be found here.
The Conservation Commission will meet on Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Six Notices of Intent/Request for Order of Conditions
- 156 and 170 Otis Street – restore and existing drainage pipe and two catch basin inlets
- Cobb Place – pave an existing, graveled privately owned street and install country drainage on both sides of the street
- 87 Boulder – to tear down and construct a new single family home
- 1 Quinobequin Road – replace a 16″ gas main under the Charles River
- Needham Street/Needham Highland Bridge – reconstruct Needham Street from Winchester Street to Oak/Christina Street intersection and rehabilitate the Needham Street Bridge across the River
- 33 Wayne Road – continuation of an enforcement action – tear down/new build and bring site into compliance
- Two requests for Certificate of Compliance
- 1 Malvern Terrace – tear down and new build
- 280 Islington Road – additions to single-family home
The Packet Documents can be found here.
Commission on Disability: The Commission on Disability will meet on Wednesday, September 12th at 6:30 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes a CDBG Report, Accessible Fines Report, Treasurer’s Report and the ADA Coordinator’s Report as well as a discussion about the High School Disabiility Awareness Campaign, Accessibility Discussion with DPW, discussion about an accessible parking request and discussion of ideas for the MOD FY2019 Grant.
Washington Place Liaison Committee: The Washington Place Liaison Committee will meet on Thursday, September 13h at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. The agenda includes a wrap up of demolition, discussion of the final construction management plan and parking management plan, expected construction timeline and a report on rodent eradication plan.
Community Preservation Committee: The Community Preservation Committee will meet on Thursday, September 13th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes two projects/proposals:
- Final Report on the New Art Center – (historic resources)
- Public Hearing on a request for $100,000 for professional services related to protection of open space for 300 Hammond Pond Parkway/Webster Woods
Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission: The Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission will meet on Thursday, September 13th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to replace 11 windows at 78 Rockland Place, Unit 2
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to install two signs at 1007-1009 Chestnut Street
- Request for approval of installed window decals – (VIOLATION) at 1005 Chestnut Street
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to pave a gravel driveway and parking area at 224 Elliot Street
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to replace front entry porch, railing and stairs at 1272 Boylston Street
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to repair and renovate the exteriors and change the entry areas at 1238 Chestnut Street
- Certificate of Appropriateness to demolish a pigeon coop at 221-223 Elliot Street
- Request for feedback (working session) on a project to replace a side window with a door, replace rear addition doors with windows, convert a bedroom to a
garage, add a second story to a rear addition, and add a dormer to the
existing garage at 65 High Street
See Staff Memo and Packet documents for additional information.
The following potential projects will be discussed this week (see agenda):
- 48 Billings Park – Special Permit to increase nonconforming floor area ratio
(FAR) by reconstructing an attached two-car garage