The Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, June 14th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to replace 9 windows at 74 Rockland Place, Unit 3
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to convert an historic barn/garage into a dwelling unit at 1272 Boylston Street
The staff memo can be found here and packet documents can be found here.
The Zoning Board of Appeals is scheduled to meet on June 6th at 7:00 p.m. in the War Memorial and hold a public hearing on an application for a Comprehensive Permit to construct 55 one-bedroom apartments on a portion of land located at 83-127 John F. Kennedy Circle. The agenda can be found here.
The Transportation Advisory Committee will meet on Wednesday, June 6th at 4 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda is as follows:
4:00 Introductions, announcements, and agenda additions
4:20 City updates (Nicole Freedman)
– Crafts/Walnut paving/restriping
– Other bike lanes and restriping
– Bike rack installs, future orders and progress
– Complete Streets Guide process
– Washington St process update
– other projects and updates
5:10 Crash reports
5:55 set next meeting date (not July 4!) and adjourn
The Planning and Development Board will meet on Monday, June 4th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Board of Survey Public Hearing on Farwell Street project
- Discussion -Zoning Amendments related to Washington Street developments including proposed Moratorium on Zone Changes/Construction on Washington Street
- Updates on the following:
- Washington Street Vision Plan
- Needham Street Vision Plan
- Zoning Redesign
- Inclusionary Zoning
- Recreational Marijuana
- 236 Auburn Street
- 83-85 West Street
- Board Training
The following potential projects are scheduled to meet with the City’s Development Review Team this week:
- 27 Albion Street – Special permit to allow parking within a front setback and
- 365-381 Elliot Street – Special permit to establish a for-profit educational use
- 63 Cherry Street – Possible special permit for expansion of existing single-family
dwelling including dormers
- 1188 Chestnut Street – Special permit/variance to construct a single-family
The Fair Housing Committee is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, June 5th at 8 a.m. in Room 205. The agenda can be found here.
SEPAC will meet on Tuesday, June 5th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 217. The agenda can be found here.
The Newtonville Historic District Commission will meet on Thursday June 7th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205 to discuss a request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to install solar panels on the house and garage roofs at 67-69 Prescott Street. The agenda can be found here.
The Conservation Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, June 7th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- RDA request to remove 8 trees posing a hazard to existing buildings and gas lines for property located at 303-309 Winchester Street
- OOC request for an amendment to a previously approved Order of Conditions for the Daly Rink (Newton Country Day School) to include a 7′ public access pathway along the Charles River
- Informational discussion where the Northland Development Team will update the Commission on project planning and receive feedback
- Request for a Certificate of Compliance for Mt. Ida College
- Request for two Certificates of Compliance for 46 Suffolk Road – a) landscaping activities related to constructions of terraces, pool, kitchen garden and related stormwater management brought about after an enforcement action, and b) landscaping activities relating to the ecological restoration of the pond (dredging)
and improvement to the habitat value of the wetland resources on the property
- Consideration of trail creation and long-term management of invasive vines at the Old Deer Park
- – Discussion of Commission’s historical knowledge of three sites of “encroachments”
The packet information is not currently available online at this time.
Full City Council will meet on Monday, May 21st at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers as a Committee of the Whole with the Finance Committee Chair presiding and again on Wednesday, May 23rd at 7:00 p.m. and possibly again on Thursday, May 24th at 7:00 p.m. The Full Council will begin budget deliberations after hearing reports from each committee. The agenda for the May 21st meeting can be found here and the agenda for the May 23rd meeting can be found here.
Full City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, May 21st at 7:45 p.m. in the Council Chamber. The reports docket can be found here and the new docket can be found here.
Real Property/Reuse Committee: The Real Property/Reuse Committee is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, May 22nd at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211 to discuss the following:
- Request for discussion regarding non-compliance with Council Order #360-16, Stanton Avenue Water Tower site, including rescinding the Order and reopening the reuse process for all interested parties.
The agenda can be found here.