The following Boards and Commissions are scheduled to meet this week:
Washington Place Liaison Committee: The Washington Place Liaison Committee will meet on Monday, June 25th at 6:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria. The agenda can be found here.
Joint Planning and Development Board and Zoning and Planning Committee: The Planning and Development Board will meet jointly with the Zoning and Planning Committee on Monday, June 25th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber for two public hearings:
- Public Hearing on the adoption of the Needham Street Vision Plan as a amendment to the 2007 Newton Comprehensive Plan;
- Public Hearing on amendments to Chapter 30, the Newton Zoning Ordinance to allow for a Shared Parking Pilot Program as an accessory use in commercial districts
The Planning and Development Board’s agenda can be found here.
Financial Audit Advisory Committee – Accounting and Audit Subcommittee: The Accounting and Audit Subcommittee of the Financial Audit Advisory Committee will meet on Wednesday, June 27th at 8:15 a.m. in Room 204. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Citizens Commission on Energy: The Newton Citizens Commission on Energy will meet on Wednesday, June 27th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Updates on filling vacancies
- Updates on Power Choice
- Updates on Climate Action Plan for Newton
- Updates on an Energy Intern
Urban Design Commission: The Urban Design Commission will meet on Wednesday, June 27th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following sign permit applications:
- CCRM Fertility Boston – 300 Boylston Street
- Dekalash – 55-71 Needham Street
- Empow – 180 Needham Street
- Examity – 153 Needham Street
- AT&T – 3 Boylston Street
- YogaWorks – 282 Centre Street
- Church of Newton – 50 Dudley Road
- Radian Spa & Massage – 427-443 Centre Street
- The Bagel Table – 9 Boylston Street
- Citizens Bank – 1126 Beacon Street
- Waju Fitness – 118 Needham Street
The Commission will then conduct design review on the Northland Project – 156 Needham Street and 1114 Beacon Street. The Commission will also discuss Lighting as part of the Street Design Guide. Staff Memo can be found here.
Newton Conservation Commission: The Newton Conservation Commission will meet on Thursday, June 28th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Two requests for an RDA (Request for a Determination of Applicability):
- 249 Winchester Street – removal of dormer and construction of full-height 2nd story and conversion of enclosed porch to an open porch and replace an existing 3 season sunroom with an open deck
- 167 Pond Brook Road – removal of mature spruce tree along with demolition and new construction of single family house
- Notice of Intent
- 53 Brandeis Road – demolition of single family home and replace with new single family home, deck and driveway
- Four requests for Certificates of Compliance:
- 188 Needham Street, 56 Christina Street, 149 Charlemont Street
- 56 Christina Street – new walkway at HC Starck Building
- 125 Wells Avenue (Solomon Schechter Day School) – construction of playing field
- 2300 Washington Street – expansion of gravel parking and creation of outdoor play area
In addition, the Commission will continue discussion about the Norumbega Conservation Area and the Parks and Recreation Commission Off-Leash Dog Park RFP and the Webster Wood – Community Preservation Committee Pre-application review.
Designer Selection Committee: The Designer Selection Committee will meet on Thursday, June 28th at 6:00 p.m. in the Trustee’s Room at the Newton Free Library. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Historical Commission: The Newton Historical Commission will meet on Thursday, June 28th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Local Landmark Request for 128 Chestnut Street
- Request to approve a draft Memorandum of Agreement for 55 Tower Road – Northland Development
- Request to demolish buildings at 34 Morton Road
- Request to demolish buildings at 83-85 Withngton Road
- Request to demolish buildings at 93-95 Ripley Road
- Request to demolish buildings at 15, 19, and 22 Moody Street
- Request to demolish buildings at 321 Lake Avenue
- Request to demolish buildings at 37 Pleasant Street
- Request to construct additions at 108 Concord Street
- Request to demolish buildings at 30 Circuit Avenue
- Request to waive demolition delay at 145 Warren Street
Staff Memo can be found here and Packet Documents can be found here.