The School Committee will meet virtually on Monday, May 11th beginning with an Executive Session at 5:45 p.m.
To Join the Zoom Meeting by Phone or Computer. Under both options, you will be automatically muted with video off upon entering the meeting. Please leave your video and audio muted so that the meeting can proceed without interruption. Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/390017072 Meeting ID: 390 017 072 Dial in:+1 646 558 8656 US Meeting ID: 390 017 072 Listen in on NewTV’s broadcast – Visit the NewTV website for more information.
To participate in the public comment portion of a meeting, please submit your NAME and ADDRESS by email with the subject line “Public Comment for [DATE]” to firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to 7:00 pm, the official start time of the meeting. You will need to join the Virtual Meeting by computer or phone to participate. During the Public Comment portion of the meeting, the School Committee Chairperson will call your name. At that time, Unmute your microphone and Turn On Video to provide public comment. You are limited to 3 minutes.
The agenda includes the following:
- Convene virtual meeting and vote to enter into Executive Session in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 30A, §§ 18-25 of the Massachusetts General Laws to discuss:
- strategy with respect to demonstrably likely, and imminently threatened litigation regarding special education;
- discussion regarding Superintendent’s contract;
- possible discussion re: EDCO membership where discussion in an Open Meeting will have a detrimental effect on litigation and strategy.
The Committee will then go out of Executive Session and convene in Open Session.
- Convene Public Hearing on School Choice Open via Zoom Meeting – See Memo on School Choice
- Convene Regular School Committee Meeting
- Superintendent’s Report
- Regular Public Comment:
- Distance Learning Plan High School Student & Family Surveys Update: See Distance Learning Family Survey and Distance Learning Staff Survey, and Student Distance Learning Survey
- Equity Working Group Update: Equity Committee Update, Equity Comparison
- 1st Reading Policy Updates (BEDH-Public Comment), IGB (Student Services), JH(Student Absences/Excuses), JICH (Tobacco/Alcohol Use), JLCB (Inoculation of Students): Policies
- Consent Agenda