Washington Place Liaison Committee: The Washington Place Liaison Committee will meet on Monday, July 16th at 6:00 p.m. in Room 211 at Newton City Hall. The agenda includes continued discussion of demolition activities and open discussion.
Zoning Board of Appeals: The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet on Monday, July 16th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The agenda includes the following:
- Appeal of a building permit issued at 738 Watertown Street – proposed dwelling unit allegedly exceeds maximum FAR
- Chapter 40B application by Newton Housing Authority to construct 55 one-bedroom apartments at 83 – 127 and 106 – 128 John F. Kennedy Circle
Board of License Commissioners: The Board of License Commissioners will meet on Tuesday, July 17th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes:
- Police Detail discussion
- 3 one-day wine and malt and entertainment license applications (2 Balera Ballroom,1 Auburndale Cove)
- 4 one-day wine and malt license applications for Church of the Redeemer
- 2 Change of Manager applications (Legal Seafoods and Lasell Village)
- 1 Change of Location application (Legal Seafoods – from 43 to 55 Boylston Street)
- 1 Transfer of all alcohol license, new common victualler and new annual entertainment license (BOXX 109) Note: request for 448 seats, entertainment license for 3 televisions, live and recorded music and hours of operation Saturday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Newton Housing Authority: The Newton Housing Authority will meet on Tuesday, July 17th at 1:30 p.m. at 82 Lincoln Street in Newton Highlands. The Notice of Meeting can be found here.
Newton Human Rights Commission: The Newton Human Rights Commission will meet on Tuesday, July 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Hate Incidents
- Student Reports
- Debrief from the Pride Event
- New Business – Membership, Social Media, Ordinance Review, Fair Housing Commission, Human Rights Commission/Police Department co-branded brochure
- Programming for 2018-2019
Newton Board of Assessors: The Newton Board of Assessors will meet on Wednesday, July 18th at 9:00 a.m. in Room 108. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Retirement Board: The Newton Retirement Board will meet on Wednesday, July 18th at 3:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda can be found here.
Urban Design Commission: The Urban Design Commission will meet on Wednesday, July 18th at 7:00 p.m. in the Planning Department Conference Room. The agenda includes the following sign permit applications:
- 650 Washington Street – Fabian Newtonville Gas and Repair
- 870-880 Walnut Street – Domino’s
- 55 Boylston Street – Porcelanosa
- 33 Boylston Street – Simon Pearce
The agenda also includes design review for the Stanton Avenue/Golda Meir Expansion Project and the Lighting portion of the Street Design Guide.
Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission: The Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission will meet on Thursday, July 19th at 7:30 p,m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following requests for Certificates of Appropriateness:
- Request to install speed feedback display unit at Hammond Street near 381 Hammond Street
- Request to amend a previously approved window on left side of main house at 41 Chestnut Hill Road
- Request to apply color stain to exterior stucco at 152 Suffolk Road
- Request to pave motor court area, install cobble and granite banding, build a retaining wall and add a built-in kitchen counter to rear terrace at 32 Suffolk Road
- Request to install a generator, replace three condensers and install a heat pump, and replace basement window lintels at 38 Suffolk Road
- Request to replace decking and deck railing, repair latticework, replace window with a door, install light fixtures, install a basement window and do exterior repairs at 61 Gatehouse Road
- Request to change window and door program, install skylight and modify pool height at 46 Chestnut Hill Road
- Request to demolish garage and build a new two-car garage, extend rear and side sunrooms, build rear deck and replace sunroom screens ad doors with windows at 20 Reservoir Avenue
- Request to demolish house, garage and shed and build new house and garage, Request to install hardscaping, including driveway, motor court, terraces, walkways, walls and piers at 45 Old England Road
- Request for approval of as-built and proposed design changes including driveway apron, modified doorway trim, raised kitchen window, stone chimney cap and corbled course, rain leader downspout, gutter and downspout locations and vent pipe enclosure at 46 Woodman Road.
The Commission will also provide feedback on replacement of single window with a pair of windows at 100 Suffolk Road.
Staff Memo can be found here and Packet documents can be found here.
Conservation Commission: The Newton Conservation Commission will meet on Thursday, July 19th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Two Notices of Intent
- Request to remove an existing family home (I think they mean demolish) and replace with a new single-family home with deck and driveway at 53 Brandeis Road
- Request to construct a new single-family home with associated deck, infiltration and driveway at 1 Malvern Terrace
- Three Requests for Certificates of Compliance
- Construction of small addition on the rear of a single-family house at 101 Nevada Street
- On-site sewer and water repairs at 300 Hammond Pond Parkway (Boston College/Webster Woods/Former Mishkan Tefila)
- Construction of a single-story building, new parking lot, drainage and landscaping at 170 Needham Street
Packet documents can be found here.