Programs and Services – June 24, 2020 Report: The Programs and Services Committee voted to approve the following:
- Request to amend ordinances related to care and custody of dogs in public spaces, including licensing, leashing, paying for off-leash privileges in certain parks, and cleaning up, so as to allow staff involved in the supervision of Newton’s parks and conservation areas to enforce those ordinances or regulations – NOTE: It was suggested to create a parenthesis item for the fix to the ordinance to allow the PRC Commissioner or their designee and would serve as a short-term measure until the larger issues identified are addressed
The Committee voted No Action Necessary on the following item:
- Request to discuss responsibility for large and small maintenance projects of the Newton farm structures
All other items were held. Please note: There was a substantial discussion held jointly with the Public Facilities Committee regarding the status of NewCAL and the two site locations – Newtonville – existing site and Newton Centre parking lot site.
Zoning and Planning – June 29, 2020 Report: The Zoning and Planning Committee voted to approve the following:
- Re-appointment of William Winkler to the Urban Design Commission
- Re-appointment of Ralph Abele and Mark Chudy to the Newtonville Historic District Commission
- Re-appointment of Jay Walter to the Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission
All other items were held.
Land Use Committee – July 7, 2020 Report: The Land Use Committee voted to approve the following:
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to waive 2 parking stalls to allow for a medical office use in the building at 450 Lexington Street, Unit 1 – See Draft Council Order
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to demolish an existing detached garage and construct a 1,841 sq. ft., 2.5 story addition to the existing dwelling, increasing the nonconforming height and creating an FAR of .42 where .33 is allowed and .32 exists at 351 Otis Street – See Draft Council Order
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to demolish an existing detached garage and construct a 4,532 sq. ft. 2.5 story addition, to allow a garage in excess on 700 sq. ft., to allow a dormer that extends the second-floor wall plane vertically, to allow a dormer greater than 50% of the wall plane below it, to allow a dormer within three feet of the intersection of the roofline and main building and to create an FAR of .32 where .26 is allowed and .16 exists at 43 Prince Street – See Draft Council Order
- Request to amend a previously approved Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to amend Special Permit Board Order #105-95 to construct a five-story addition with 18 new units and common accessory use space, extending the non-conforming structure to the extent necessary and to determine density and dimensional controls at 280 Newtonville Avenue – See Draft Council Order
All other items were held.