Zoning and Planning Committee: The Zoning and Planning Committee will meet virtually on Monday, June 29th, at 7:00 p.m.
To view this meeting, use this link at the above date and time: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85742581538.
To listen to the meeting via phone dial 1-646-558-8656 and use the Meeting ID 857 4258 1538
The agenda includes the following:
- Request for a change of zone to Public Use for portions of land located at 23 Parkview Avenue (currently MR1) acquired in 2016 for the expansion of Cabot School, and at 300 Hammond Pond Parkway, known as Webster Woods, (currently SR1) acquired in 2019 for open space use and conservation purposes – See Planning Department Memo
- Requesting for a review, discussion, and direction relative to the draft Zoning Ordinance – See Planning Department Memo
Chairman’s Note: The following two items will be taken up the main item (listed above) so they may be taken up as they relate to Article 3, residential districts:
- Request for a review of the zoning requirements for single-family attached dwelling units
- Request to amend to Chapter 30 of the Revised City of Newton Ordinances to eliminate mandated parking minimums to improve the vitality of local businesses, reduce the cost of housing, and support the climate action goals
- Re-appointment of William Winkler to the Urban Design Commission
- Two re-appointments to the Newtonville Historic District Commission
- Ralph Abele
- Mark Chudy
- Re-appointment of Jay Walter to the Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission
Land Use Committee: The Land Use Committee will meet virtually on Tuesday, June 30th, at 7:00 p.m.
To view this meeting using Zoom use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83751606299 or call 1-646-558-8656 and use the following Meeting ID: 837 5160 6299