Programs and Services Committee: The Programs and Services Committee will meet virtually on Wednesday, June 24th at 7:00 p.m.
To view this meeting use this link at the above date and time: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87113070242.
To listen to this meeting via phone call 1-646-558-8686 and use the Meeting ID 871 1307 0242.
According to the agenda and Chair’s Note, the meeting will begin jointly with the Public Facilities Committee to receive an update from the Commissioner of Public Buildings on the NewCAL project.
The remainder of the meeting will include discussion of the following:
- Request for a comparison of Newton’s fine for failure to license a dog to other communities and a request to increase the fine for failure to license a dog
- Request for a review and possible changes to the off-leash dog ordinance to include:
- raising fees required by dog walking companies in order to better maintain sites heavily used by dog walkers; and
- requiring background checks on dog walkers to assure the safety of dog owners and dogs; and
- requesting the development of regulations for dog walking and dog daycare companies to assure appropriate care for dogs
- Request for an amendment of the relevant Newton ordinances relating to care and custody of dogs in public spaces, including licensing, leashing, paying for off-leash privileges in certain parks, and cleaning up, so as to allow staff involved in the supervision of Newton’s parks and conservation areas to enforce those ordinances or regulations, including issuing non-criminal citations pursuant to G.L. c. 40, Sec. 21D, in addition to the enforcement provided by the Newton police
- Request for a discussion to understand the responsibility for large and small maintenance projects of the Newton farm structures
- Request for an update from the Executive Department on compliance with Newton’s leaf blower ordinance and discussion of possible revisions to the ordinance’s enforcement provisions to improve compliance.
Public Facilities Committee: The Public Facilities Committee will meet virtually on Wednesday, June 24th at 7:00 p.m.
To view this meeting use this link at the above date and time: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87113070242 Dial by your location +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 871 1307 0242
According to the agenda and Chair’s Note: the Committee will meet jointly with the Programs & Services Committee to receive an update from the Commissioner of Public Buildings on the NewCAL project