Land Use Committee and Zoning and Planning Committee – 9/23/2019 Report: The Land Use Committee and the Zoning and Planning Committee held a joint meeting. The Zoning and Planning Committee voted to approve the following:
- Appointment of Rick Wetmore to the Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission
All other items were held. PLEASE NOTE: The Committees held public hearings and discussed the Zoning Amendment petitions filed by the Developer and the Lower Falls Improvement Association’s Riverside Committee to amend the MU3 Zoning Ordinance and on the Petition for a Special Permit and Site Plan for the Riverside MBTA parcel. Read the Report.
Land Use Committee – 9/24/2019 Report: The Land Use Committee voted to approve the following:
- Request to amend a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to construct a 329 sq. ft. one-car garage where a three-car garage exists, creating private garage space greater than 700 sq. ft., more than one garage, a private garage for more than 3 vehicles, extending the non-conforming height and exceeding the allowable FAR at 333 Otis Street
- Request to amend a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to construct a flat roof over the second story, creating a three-story structure at 410 Newtonville Avenue
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow an accessory apartment larger than 1000 sq. ft. in the existing lower level space at 342 Dudley Road
Please Note: The Committee voted to close the Public Hearings on the Request for a change of zone to Business Use 4 from Mixed Use 1 at 275-281 Needham Street (Northland) and the Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow mixed-use development and a whole host of waivers for the proposed Northland Development BUT did not vote on the petitions.
Finance Committee – 9/25/2019 Report: The Finance Committee voted to approve the following:
- Appointment of Brian Davis to the Board of Assessors
- Request to amend Section 19-191 to allow the Director of Planning and Development, in consultation with the Commissioner of Public Works, to set the fees for parking meter spaces
- Request authorization to transfer the sum of $136,020.45 from the Water Fund Reserve to the Water Main 2018 Debt Service
Zoning and Planning Committee – 10/2/2019 Report: The Zoning and Planning Committee voted to approve the following:
- Appointment of Dante Capasso to the Auburndale Historic District Commission
- Request to amend Chapter 7, Section 81 of the City’s Ordinances to better define the membership of the Community Preservation Committee, to clarify oversight and to include City approval procedures required by the 2012 update of the state law – See Law Department Memo and Draft Council Order
Land Use Committee – 10/3/2019 Report: The Land Use Committee voted to approve the following:
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to construct a 2-story rear addition, further extending the non-conforming side setback and non-conforming lot coverage at 14 Church Street
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow construction of a rear addition, further extending the non-conforming height at 67 Temple Street
- Request to amend a previously approved Special Permit/Site Plan to change the existing non-conforming office use to allow a non-conforming salon use at 148 California Street
- Request for an extension of time to open a public hearing on a Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow retail marijuana sales and associated waivers to parking, screening, landscaping and lighting requirements at 58 Cross Street/1089 Washington Street –
The Committee voted NO ACTION NECESSARY on the Request for an extension of time to act on a Request to amend a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow petitioner to lease commercial space to not more than one commercial bank – the extension to run from September 16, 2019 – October 7, 2019 since the extension of time to act was no longer necessary.