Zoning and Planning Committee: May 28, 2019 Partial Report: The Zoning and Planning Committee voted to approve the appointment of Eileen Sandberg as a member of the Commission on Disability.
Finance Committee: May 29, 2019: The Finance Committee voted to approve the following:
- Appointment of Danielle Auriemma to the John C. Chaffin Educational Trust Fund
- Request to appropriate and expend $400,000 from Free Cash to fund the completion of feasibility, schematic design, and site plan approval for the NewCAL project
- Request to appropriate and expend $250,000 from Free Cash to fund the architectural and engineering design of a “new” Newton Free Library parking lot – approved as amended
- Request to appropriate and expend $100,000 from Free Cash to fund consulting services for the Planning Department to hire subject matter experts
- Request for an amendment to divest the City of direct or indirect holdings in fossil fuel companies – subject to 2nd call
- Request to reappoint Ed Gourdreau as Constable for the City of Newton