Public Facilities Committee – 4/17/2019 Report: The Public Facilities Committee voted to approve the following:
- Appointment of Anne Cedrone and Tom Enselek to the Design Review Committee for the 687 Watertown Street Project (Newton Early Childhood Program – NECP)
- Request to appropriate $400,000 from Free Cash to fund the completion of the feasibility, schematic design, and and site plan approval for the NewCAL project (as amended)
Finance Committee Report – 4/22/2019 Report: The Finance Committee voted to approve the following:
- Request for an amendment to Chapter 17 Section 13(j) of the City of Newton Ordinances to add a non-resident permit parking fee for the new Newton Highlands Parking District
- Request to appropriate $240,000 from Free Cash to fund the Rainy Day Stabilization Fund
- Request for an ordinance requiring the Mayor to seek City Council approval prior to disposing of renewable energy sourced electricity revenue or credits generated on municipal property for non-municipal purposes
Zoning and Planning Committee – 4/22/2019 Report: The Zoning and Planning Committee held an extensive meeting on the Washington Street Vision Plan. See end of the report for Third Draft Presentation. The item was held.
Land Use Committee – 04/30/2019 Report: The Land Use Committee voted to approve the following:
- Request for a Consistency Ruling regarding an amendment to a previously granted Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to substitute a crawl space with basement space at 642 Centre Street
- Request to Withdraw without Prejudice a Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to construct an attached dwelling to an existing single-family structure and reductions/waivers to other requirements such as lot area, frontage, lot coverage, front and side setback requirements and to allow a driveway along the side lot line requiring an amendment to a variance at 10 Pillion Court
- Request to amend a previously granted Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow retail marijuana sales in conjunction with an approved RMD (Registered Medical Dispensary) and waivers to requirements such as facade transparency, parking stall, aisle width, screening, landscaping, and lighting requirements at 24-26 Elliot Street (Cypress Tree Management, LLC) – Draft Board Order is attached to the end of the report.
Note: Transportation issues related to the Northland petition were discussed. See report for details.
Public Facilities Committee Report – 05/1/2019: The Public Facilities Committee voted to approve the following:
- Petition for a grant of location conduit in Foster Street and Walnut Street
- Request to accept and expend a $3,435,000 MWRA grant and authorization to borrow $1,145,000 as part of the MWRA interest free Phase 12 loan/grant program to fund sewer improvements
- Request to appropriate $3.2 million from bonded indebtedness to fund continuation of the City’s Water Main Improvement Plan
- Request to transfer $75,000 from Budget Reserve to fund Phase 2 of 3 phases of the city-wide APS (Audible Pedestrian Signals) Project
- Request to transfer $75,000 from Budget Reserve to purchase capital equipment to enable the Transportation Division of DPW to paint crosswalks and pavement markings in-house
- Request to transfer $150,000 from Budget Reserve for street light repairs
- Request authorization to enter into a contract for solid waste and recycling collection and disposal services for a term of 5 years (NOTE: The City as not yet entered into any contract negotiations yet)
- Request authorization to enter into a 5 year lease agreement for electric and hybrid vehicles to replace its aging sedan fleet
Public Safety and Transportation Committee – 5/02/2019: The Public Safety and Transportation Committee voted to approve the following:
- Request to appropriate and expend $300,000 from Free Cash to fund FY2019 overtime expenditures in the Fire Department