Blue Ribbon Commission: The Blue Ribbon Commission will meet on Monday, May 6th at 7:15 p.m. in Room B15. The agenda includes the following:
- Open Comment Session
- Update on insight from counsel
- Continued Voting/Deliberations
Land Use Committee: The Land Use Committee will meet on Tuesday, May 7th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for a Consistency Ruling regarding a previously approved Special Permit/Site Plan to allow modifications to the approved landscaping plan at 360 Ward Street-(No Planning Memo)
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan approval to allow for a rear-lot subdivision to create two lots, abandon the two-family use in the existing structure and create a second single-family on the rear lot, extending the existing non-conforming side setback at 41 Washington Street – (No Planning Memo?)
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan approval to add five dormers to existing attic space, increasing the non-conforming FAR to .37 where .27 exists and .36 is allowed at 85 Gate House Road – See Planning Memo
- Request to amend a previously granted Special Permit/Site Plan to allow for a paved driveway at 47 Rokeby Road – See Planning Memo
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow for an accessory apartment in existing space in a dwelling constructed less than four years ago at 35 Cherry Street – See Planning Memo
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to demolish a portion of the rear dwelling and construct a new rear addition and two-car attached garage, extending the non-conforming 3.5 story structure at 150 Collins Road – See Planning Memo
- Request to amend a previously granted Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow paving of a parking area at the front of the site at 206 Waltham Street – See Planning Memo
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to construct an addition to the front of the house and raise the roof to create 2.5 stories where 2 stories exists, vertically extending the non-conforming side and rear setbacks at 11 Avon Place – See Planning Memo
Programs and Services Committee: The Programs and Services Committee will meet on Wednesday, May 8th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda will focus on budget review and related Capital Improvement Projects and Supplemental Capital Improvement Projects for the following departments:
The Supplemental CIP can be found here. Additional materials from the Health and Human Services Department can be found at the end of the agenda.
Public Safety and Transportation Committee: The Public Safety and Transportation Committee’s regularly scheduled meeting has been cancelled. The Notice of Cancellation can be found here.
Public Facilities Committee: The Public Facilities Committee will meet on Wednesday, May 8th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Two appointments to the Design Review Committee: Anne Cedrone and John Mulligan
- Petition for a grant of location to install a small cell wireless facility on an existing city-owned streetlight pole located in the right-of-way near 140 Commonwealth Avenue
- Request to appropriate and expend $250,000 from Free Cash to fund the architectural and engineering of a “new” Newton Free Library parking lot
- Request to appropriate and expend $3,000,000 from Free Cash to fund the City’s Accelerated Road Repair Program
- Request to appropriate and expend $2,000,000 from Free Cash to develop 25% conceptual design of the Washington Street corridor in order to make improvements to the corridor eligible for the State’s TIP program
Zoning and Planning Committee: The Zoning and Planning Committee will meet on Thursday, May 9th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205 and the Council Chamber. The agenda will focus on the Washington Street Corridor Action Plan. See Planning Department Memo.