Finance Committee: The Finance Committee will meet on Monday, April 22nd, at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for an amendment to Chapter 17 Section 13(j) of the City of Newton Ordinances to add a non-resident parking permit fee for the new Newton Highlands Parking District
- Request to appropriate $240,000 from Free Cash to the Rainy Day Stabilization Fund and combine this with the interest earned throughout FY2019 on the funds in this account and $150,000 appropriated in the FY2020 Mayor’s proposed budget to achieve a 5% set aside of the operating budget in reserve
- Request for an ordinance amendment that would require City Council approval prior to disposing of renewable energy sourced electricity revenue or credits generated on municipal property for non-municipal purposes
The Committee will then review the following budgets: Financial Information Systems, Human Resources, Information Technology, Comptroller/Retirement System and associated Capital Improvement Projects (See FY2020-2024 CIP)and Supplement Capital Improvement Projects.
Zoning and Planning Committee: The Zoning and Planning Committee will meet on Monday, April 22nd at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber. The Committee will focus on the Washington Street Corridor Action Plan (See Planning Department memo) The agenda can be found here.
Financial Audit Advisory Committee: The Financial Audit Advisory Committee will meet on Tuesday, April 23rd at 8:15 a.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Meet with Auditor to Review Committee goals for the audit and discuss two areas for individual audit
- Have the Auditor alert the Committee to any new issues
- Re-establish the Risk Assessment, Monitoring and Compliance Committee for annual review of the city’s Risk Management activities and to discuss any emerging risks
Blue Ribbon Commission: The Blue Ribbon Commission will meet on Wednesday, April 24th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Community Comment Period
- Update from responses from sub-committee on peer groups
- Update on response from legal team (Law Department?) regarding benefits
- Review of proposed format on final report
- Review proposal on how the final recommendations will be made
Public Facilities Committee: The Public Facilities Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 24th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The Committee will review the Public Buildings Department Budget and associated Capital Improvement Projects (See FY2020-2024 CIP) and Supplement Capital Improvement Projects.