Porchfest 2019: Sign-ups for Newton PorchFest, scheduled for Saturday, June 1st (raindate Sunday, June 2nd) are now open. Last year was the inaugural year for Newton PorchFest, with 60+ bands playing all over Auburndale. This year will include the Villages of Lower Falls and Waban.
- Host: Sign up to host a band on your porch, lawn or driveway.
- Play: Are you a singer-songwriter, part of a jazz quartet, or rock out? All forms of musical talent, all ages are welcome!
- Volunteer: We’d love the help!
- Donate: Newton PorchFest is funded entirely by donations. Any and all donations are welcome.
Sidewalk Poetry Project:Make Poetry Concrete will stamp selected poems into the concrete of newly constructed sidewalks throughout Newton’s villages in village centers, around public schools, near local businesses, public parks, and transit stations. .
This project will produce a library of ten poem molds that will each be stamped once in the sidewalks of the City over an 18 month period. If this project is funded, poets young and old will be invited to submit poems for consideration. A selection committee will accept original poems from all members of the public. The committee will review all submissions and will choose up to ten poems. Submission guidelines and contest rules can be found online here.
There are two ways you can help.
- Make a contribution to help reach the $15,000 goal. You can donate online or write a check to Newton Community Pride and drop it off at City Hall.
- Tell your friends, family, and neighbors about this project and share this link.
Story Slam: Newton Nomadic Theater present another story slam on Friday, March 29th at 7:30 p.m. at Gregorian Rugs in Newton Lower Falls. The theme is “comfort zone”.