Finance Committee: The Finance Committee will meet on Tuesday, February 19th at 7:15 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Request to accept and expend a $19,741.60 Edward J. Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant
- Proposed Ordinance amendments to Chapter 12, Section 71 by revising the definition of “reusable bag”, revising the definition for retailers to include establishments of less than 3,500 sq. ft., and adding a 10-cent fee for paper bags provided by the retailer
Public Facilities Committee: The Public Facilities Committee will meet on Wednesday, February 20th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for an amendment to Section 17-3 of the City of Newton Ordinances adopting the Federal Communications Commission’s presumptive reasonable application fees for wireless attachments and new pole construction and conduct cost studying in the coming months to document the City’s time and expenses regarding these applications
- Submission of the 2020-2024 Capital Improvement Plan
- Request for an evaluation of the City’s street sweeping policies and protocols
- Request authorization to transfer $500,000 from Budget Reserve- Snow and Ice Removal Account to Rental Vehicles and Regular Overtime
Programs and Services Committee: The regularly scheduled meeting of the Programs and Services Committee has been cancelled. Notice of Cancellation can be found here.
Public Safety and Transportation Committee: The regularly scheduled meeting of the Public Safety and Transportation Committee has been cancelled. Notice of Cancellation can be found here.