Zoning and Planning Committee: The Zoning and Planning Committee will meet on Monday, January 28th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Appointment of Warren Ambramson to the Commission on Disability
- Discussion and adoption of the Economic Development Strategy Plan as an amendment to the 2007 Comprehensive Plan – See Planning Memo
- Discussion and adoption of the Climate Action Plan as an amendment to the 2007 Comprehensive Plan – See Planning Memo
- Progress Report on the Riverside Vision Plan – See Planning Memo
- Proposal to amend Chapter 30, Section 4.4.1 Business, Mixed-Use and Manufacturing Districts to allow Registered Marijuana Dispensaries and marijuana retailers by special permit in Limited Manufacturing and Manufacturing Districts – See Planning Memo
- Progress Report on the Washington Street Corridor Action Plan – (The Committee will review the Zoning Toolkit and other tools)
- Discussion and Review of the Draft Zoning Ordinance (The Committee will review the Single Purpose Districts – See Planning Memo)
Planning Memo for Village Districts can be found here.
Finance Committee: The Finance Committee will meet on Monday, January 28th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Request to rescind Council Order #607-18 re-purposing $95,844.51 to address Fire Department needs and requesting authorization to appropriate $95,000 from Free Cash to several Fire Department Accounts (Automobiles/Light Trucks, Training Expenses, Housekeeping Equipment, Public Buildings Repair and Maintenance)
- Request to accept and expend a $20,460 grant from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency to purchase equipment for emergency operations management throughout the City
- Request an ordinance amendment to increase non-resident parking permit fees from $25 to a range which will include a maximum cap, to better cover costs and encourage alternatives to driving in parts of the City where demand is high
- Request to accept and expend a $50,464 grant from the Mass Office on Disability to acquire Accessible Pedestrian Signals
- Request to amend the Sewer Use Charge Ordinance (Chapter 29, Section 80) by deleting the following: “Notwithstanding the foregoing, seasonal water takers not eligible for an outdoor meter under said section 29-24, shall pay a charge for the use of sewage works in proportion to water consumption”
- Request to transfer $500,000 from Budget Reserve – Snow and Ice Removal Account to the following accounts: Rental Vehicles and Regular Overtime
- Request for an ordinance amendment to divest the City of direct or indirect holdings in fossil fuel companies
- Request to appropriate and expend $1,750,000 from the January 15, 2019 Declaration of Overlay Surplus and authorize the transfer of $1,250,000 from Capital Stabilization for a total of $3,000,000 to be transferred to the City’s Pavement Management Program
- Request to transfer $100,000 from Current Year Budget Reserve to the DPW Processing Recyclables to fund increased costs of processing recyclables due to changes in the recycling market
- Request to accept and expend a $10,000 gift from the Ruderman Family Foundation to fund an accessible pathway at the Hyde Playground
- Request a discussion with the Director of Planning and Development regarding the vision process for the potential development of the Riverside parcel
Land Use Committee: The Land Use Committee will meet on Tuesday, January 29th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber. The agenda includes the following:
- Request to amend a previously approved Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to further increase a non-conforming FAR by constructing a 191 sq. ft. addition in the existing footprint of the house, further extending the non-conforming three-story structure at 105 Temple Street
- Request for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to construct a two-car garage in the footprint of a razed garage with an additional 225 sq. ft. exceeding the allowable FAR of .43 where .51 exists and .53 is proposed at 48 Billings Park
The agenda states the the Northland Petition for a Zone Change and for a Special Permit/Site Plan approval will be continued to February 12th.
Blue Ribbon Commission: The Blue Ribbon Commission will meet on Thursday, January 31st from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda can be found here.
Charter Subcommittee: The Charter Subcommittee will meet on Thursday, January 31st at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes continued review of Charter Articles and outstanding issues and a discussion regarding preparation of report to the Programs and Services Committee. A memo from Chairman Baker can be found here.