Council on Aging: The Council on Aging will meet on Tuesday, January 22nd at 7:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, 345 Walnut Street. The agenda can be found here.
UMASS Amherst at Mt. Ida Neighborhood Council: The UMASS Amherst at Mt. Ida Neighborhood Council will meet on Tuesday, January 22nd at 8:00 a.m. The agenda can be found here.
Washington Place Liaison Committee: The Washington Place Liaison Committee will meet on Tuesday, January 22nd at 6:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria of City Hall. The agenda can be found include discussion of the Washington/Walnut Intersection Plans.
Newton Citizens Commission on Energy: The Newton Citizens Commission on Energy will meet on Wednesday, January 23rd at 7:00 p.m. at the Library in Room “B”. The agenda includes the following:
- Update from Dan Ruben from Green Newton – forthcoming Carbon Free Boston Report and the four principles for giving support to developers – produced by Green Newton’s Building Standards Committee
- Update on the Climate Action Plan
- Discussion of coordination of work of Energy Commission and MAPC on Climate Action Planning in Newton
- NCCE Testimony on Phase 3 Solar Program
Newton Free Library Trustees: The Newton Free Library Trustees will meet on Wednesday, January 23rd at 9:00 a.m. at the Newton Free Library, Trustees Room. The agenda includes the following:
- Reports from the President, Treasurer, Library Director, Development, Friends, Committees: Trustees/Friends Coordination; Spring Fling Planning
- Continuing Business: Vote to approve revision of the Trustees Investment Policy, Capital project planning update, and solar panel project update
- New business: proposed annual agenda discussion
- Visitors Discussion
Newton Retirement Board: The Newton Retirement Board will meet on Wednesday, January 23rd at 3:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda can be found here.
Zoning Board of Appeals: The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet on Wednesday, January 23rd at 6:30 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Elections of Officers; any necessary briefings from the Law Department about items in litigation; adopt changes to the City of Newton Rules of the Zoning Board of Appeals effective, January 1, 2019
- Public hearing appealing a memorandum by the Commissioner of Inspectional Services addressing appellant’s request to revise a fence permit for 138 Berkeley Street
- Public hearing requesting to amend a prior use variance to allow the property to be used for a general real estate office and to amend conditions relative to the operation and business use of the site at 555 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton Farm Commission: The Newton Farm Commission will meet on Thursday, January 24th at 7:00 p.m. in the Planning Conference Room. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Historical Commission: The Newton Historical Commission will meet on Thursday, January 24th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for Partial Demolition for the following:
- Request to replace slate roof with asphalt at 541 Grove Street
- Request to replace windows at 82 Lincoln Street
- Request to demolish garage and rear addition at 150 Collins Road
- Request to demolish front porch at 65 Oxford Road
- Request to demolish addition and enclosed porches at 85 Bigelow Road
- Request to pave area that falls under a Preservation Restriction Agreement at 206 Waltham Street
- Request for Full Demolition for the following:
- Request to demolish buildings at 93 Pond Brook Road
- Request to demolish buildings at 19-21 Green Street
- Request to demolish buildings at 45 Fox Hill Road
- Request to demolish buildings at 71 Redwood Road
- Request to demolish buildings at 25 Cloelia Terrace
- Review of as-built roof condition at 16-26 Dalby Street
- Working Session – review of Local Landmark Request at 44 Mignon Road