Parks and Recreation Commission: The Parks and Recreation Commission will meet on Monday, November 19th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Commissioner’s Reports on Programs, Forestry and Maintenance
- Public Hearing on the Jackson Road /Newton Housing Authority Proposal
- Discussion of the 20 Rogers Street Conservation Restriction
- Committee Reports:
- Community Preservation Committee
- Farm Commission
- Cabot Redesign Committee
- Commonwealth Golf Course
- Off-Leash Area Working Group
- Crystal Lake Working Group
- Athletic Fields Committee
- Policy and Procedure Review – Field Naming and Sign Policy
Waban and Newton Highlands Area Councils: The Waban and Newton Highlands Area Councils will hold a joint meeting on Monday, November 19th at 8:00 p.m. at the Waban Library Center to hear a presentation and discuss the proposed zoning ordinance focusing primarily on residential districts. The agenda can be found here.
Note: The City’s Planning Department will hold a presentation on Thursday, November 29, 2018, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., Angier School, 1697 Beacon St.
Board of License Commissioners: The Board of License Commissioners will meet on Monday, November 19th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda can be found here.
Conservation Commission: The Newton Conservation Commission will meet on Tuesday, November 20th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Four Notices of Intent:
- Enforcement Action/Request to demolish and reconstruct of a single-family home with associated restoration planting plan developed in response to unpermitted tree cutting in the RFA at 33 Wayne Road
- Request to demolish and reconstruct a single-family home with deck and driveway at 116 Upland Road
- Request to demolish and reconstruct a single-family home at 131 Wallace Street
- Request to demolish and reconstruct a single-family home at 53 Brandeis Road
- Discussion of Enforcement Order for an unresolved enforcement issue at 22 Hollywood Drive
- Approve placing a Conservation Restriction on 30 Wabasso Street
- Proposed Fence along LaGrange – Kesseler Woods
- Houghton Gardens – 170 Suffolk Road Encroachment
- Discussion of Fees for dumping
- Changes to the Administrative Approval form
Packet documents can be found here.
Newton Center for Active Living Project: There will be a joint meeting of the Executive Building Committee and the Advisory Building Committee on Tuesday, November 20th at 6:00 p.m. in the Druker Auditorium at the Newton Free Library. The Meeting Notice can be found here.
Board of Assessors: The Board of Assessors will meet on Wednesday, November 21st at 9:00 a.m. in Room 108. The agenda can be found here.