Community Preservation Committee: The Community Preservation Committee will meet on Tuesday, October 9th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Public Hearing on the Stanton Avenue Senior Housing/Gold Meir House Expansion requesting $3.25 million in CPA funds to add 60 60 income and age restricted housing units of rental housing for a net of 69
- Discussion of the following:
- Conservation Restrictions for past CPA funded land acquisitions;
- Fair Housing Concerns for Kesseler Woods/Hancock Estates;
- Staff update on current and anticipated proposals; current projects; and program planning
Pre-Meeting packet can be found here.
Economic Development Commission: The Economic Development Commission will meet on Tuesday, October 9th at 6:30 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Economic Development Updates
- Presentation on Mt. Ida Campus, UMASS Amherst – by Deputy Chancellor, Steve Goodwin
- Discussion Economic Development Strategy Matrix-
- Discussion of Northland and Riverside
Executive Building and Advisory Building Committee for the Newton Center for Active Living Project: The Committees will meet on Tuesday, October 9th at 6:00 p.m. at the Senior Center. The Notice of Meeting can be found here.
Transportation Advisory Group: The Transportation Advisory Group will meet on Wednesday, October 10th at 4:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda can be found here.
Conservation Commission: The Newton Conservation Commission will meet on Thursday, October 11th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- 4 Notices of Intent :
- 1 Wells Avenue – Eagle Scout project – seeking an Order of Conditions to construct a pedestrian footbridge over Country Club Brook and a new connecting trail to allow users to go from the Helen Heyn Riverway access to the trail without having to go onto the sidewalk of Wells Ave
- Cobb Place – Applicant seeking Order of Conditions to pave and existing, gravel, privately owned street and install country drainage on either side of the street
- Needham Street/Needham Highland Bridge – Applicant proposing to reconstruct Needham Street from Winchester to Oak/Christina Street intersection and rehab the Needham/Highland Bridge
- 33 Wayne Road – Enforcement Action – Tear Down – Applicant requesting continuation to the November meeting to allow more time to develop plan to bring site into compliance with wetland regulations
- ANRAD (Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation): 29 Greenwood Street – Applicant requesting confirmation of wetland lines
- Request for Determination of Applicability: 320 Needham Street – Applicant requesting Determination of Applicability for proposed grinding and subsequent repaving of 2 parking lots at 320 Needham Street
- Certificate of Compliance – 100 Old England Road – Applicant is seeking a Certificate of Compliance for an addition, patio, garage and pool and required mitigation plantings under as proscribed in an Order of Conditions
Packet documents can be found here.
Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission: The Newton Upper Falls Historic District Commission will meet on Thursday, October 11th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Working Session on 65 High Street – Request feedback on proposed window and door changes, and deck with privacy lattice fence
- Four requests for Certificates of Appropriateness:
- 75 High Street – Request to amend previously approved plans to modify right-side entry steps and add a door
- 347-349 Elliot Street – Request to replace windows
- 1238 Chestnut Street – Request to install exterior lighting and fixed windows, change main entry, enclose parking garage stairway and install overhead doors, and build a loading dock extension
- 1272 Boylston Street – Request to replace front entry porch, railings and stairs.