Programs and Services Committee: The Programs and Services Committee will meet on Thursday, September 6th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber. The agenda is dominated by the marijuana related items and includes the following:
- Appointment of Alice Kelly to the Biosafety Committee
- #468-18 Request to remove the Question regulating the number of recreational marijuana establishments from the November ballot filed by Councilors Cote, Norton and Kelley.
- #469-18 Requesting the City Council reconsider placing a question on the ballot prohibiting retail recreational marijuana sales in Newton filed by Councilors Baker, Norton, Gentile, Kalis, Cote, Ciccone, Laredo, Kelley and Schwartz
- #470-18 Initiative Petition requesting a ballot question prohibiting recreational marijuana establishments with exceptions filed by Suzanne Bender et al. – (Opt-out petition meeting the 6,000 signature requirement)
- #471-18 Provide a means for voters to determine which marijuana question prevails if both are approved filed by President Laredo – see Memo from President Laredo
- #441-18 Set the date for a Special Municipal Election for ballot question(s) related to recreational marijuana facilities