Land Use Committee – September 20th: The Land Use Committee voted to recommend approval of the following items:
- Appointment of Karine Alexander to the Boston Neighborhood Council
- Request for an Extension of Time for petition to amend a previously granted special permit/site plan approval to allow retail sale of recreational at Garden Remedies
- Request to amend a previously granted special permit/site plan approval to change the existing non-conforming restaurant use to allow a non-conforming salon use at 148 California Street
The Land Use Committee voted No Action Necessary on the following:
- Three appointments to the Kesseler Liaison Committee: Hynrich Weischhoff, Barbara Sird and Marilyn Wolman
All other items were held. The report contains discussion of the public hearings for Kesseler Woods and 1314 Washington Street/31,33 Davis Court – Santander Bank petitions.
Finance Committee – September 24th: The Finance Committee voted to recommend approval of the following items:
- Authorization to enter into a 5 year contract for parking meter currency processing services
- Resolution requesting the formation of a Blue Ribbon Commission to review elected official’s compensation
All other items were held.
Zoning and Planning Committee – September 24th: The Zoning and Planning Committee held a public hearing on a proposed zoning amendment to regulate recreational marijuana establishments in the City of Newton and had a discussion on a possible adoption of the Economic Development Strategy Plan as an amendment to the 2007 Newton Comprehensive Plan. Both items were held.
Land Use Committee – September 25th: The Land Use Committee voted to recommend approval of the following items:
- Request for an extension of time to exercise Special Permit #361-16 to construct a 1.087 sq. ft. addition to the front of the house at 642 Centre Street
- Request to withdraw a petition for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow a for-profit learning center in the existing daycare at 227 Washington Street
- Petition to amend a previously granted Special Permit/Site Plan Approval #114-17 to allow waivers to the size, number, location and height of signs at 300 Boylston Street
- Petition for a Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow a registered medical marijuana dispensary in a non-conforming structure and waive other additional requirements such as stall dimensions, aisle width, landscaping and lighting requirements at 24-26 Elliot Street
All other items were held. Notes on the Public Hearing for Northland are attached to the report.