Council on Aging: The Council on Aging will meet on Tuesday, September 25th at 7:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, 345 Walnut Street, Newtonville. The agenda includes updates on NewCAL and the Golda Meir House, October 2nd Library Series Program.
Auburndale Historic District Commission: The Auburndale Historic District Commission will meet on Tuesday, September 25th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following requests for Certificates of Appropriateness:
- Request to replace the front porch decking and make repairs at 115 Windermere Road
- Request to install wireless equipment at 216 Woodland Road
- Presentation of plan for remedial action for unauthorized demolition at 140 Windermere Road
Board of License Commissioners: The Board of License Commissioners will meet on Tuesday, September 25th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda can be found here.
Zoning Board of Appeals: The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet on Tuesday, September 25th at 6:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Public meeting to discuss and/or adopt changes to the Rules of the Zoning Board of Appeals effective January 26, 2016; training by the Law Department on the role of the Board, the Open Meeting, Public Records and Conflict of Interest laws; any necessary briefing from the Law Department about items in litigation
- Public Hearing to begin at 7:30 p.m. on an appeal of the August 9, 2018 denial of a building permit by the Commissioner of Inspectional Services for construction of a new single family dwelling at 11 Village Circle
Election Commission: The Election Commission will meet on Wednesday, September 26th at 8:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Approval of the Ballot questions for the November 6th Municipal Election (instructions to voters and question orders)
- Approval of the text for the mailer for the November 6th election
- Update on the November 6th State Election
- Discussion of process and procedure for filed Election Complaint
Energy Commission: The Energy Commission will meet Wednesday, September 26th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following: Climate Action Plan for Newton; update on the City’s energy plans; overview of the City’s energy use and energy efficiency efforts; and an update on Newton Power Choice.
Retirement Board: The Newton Retirement Board will meet on Wednesday, September 26th at 3:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Free Library Board of Trustees: The Newton Free Library Board of Trustees will meet on Wednesday, September 26th at 9:00 a.m. in the Trustees Room at the Newton Free Library. The agenda includes: election of new officers,;reports from the President,; Treasurer, Library Director, Development; Friends; Trustees/Friends Committee and the Spring Fling Committee; approval and vote on the Trustees Fund Budget; Capital Project Planning – Children’s Area, other facility improvements, and related funds management; policy on conduct in the library – on hold until October; and formulation of policy on donor proposed/sponsored improvements and memorials.
Newton Historical Commission: The Newton Historical Commission will meet on Thursday, September 27th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- 4 Full Demolition Requests:
- 21 Park Lane
- 67 Walnut Street
- 264 Pearl Street
- 211 Webster Street
- 2 Waiver Amendment Requests:
- 108 Concord Street
- 432 Cherry Street
- 4 Waiver Review Requests (to waive the demo delay):
- 457 Waverly Avenue
- 85 Bigelow Road
- 59 Alexander Road
- 34 Morton Road
- Partial Demolition Request for 61 Washington Park
Construction Liaison Committee: There will be a Construction Liaison Committee meeting for Sunrise Development on Washington Street on Friday, September 28th at 7:45 a.m. at the Crowne Plaze Boston-Newton, 320 Washington Street. Notice can be found here.