Waban Area Council: The Waban Area Council will meet on Monday, July 23rd at 7:00 p.m. at the Waban Library Center. Ward 5 Councilors Andreae Downs and John Rice will be in attendance. The agenda can be found here.
Crescent Street Working Group: The Crescent Street Working Group will meet on Tuesday, July 24th at 4 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes discussion of the Community Preservation Committee Memo and a revised development budget and operating pro forma.
Solid Waste Commission: The Solid Waste Commission will meet on Tuesday, July 24th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 2G at the Newton Free Library. The agenda includes review of the current trash and recycling contract and implementation and discussion of suggestions/timeline for new contract goals.
Newton Free Library Board of Trustees: The Library Board of Trustees will meet on Wednesday, July 25th at 9:00 a.m. in the Trustees Room at the Library. The agenda includes the following:
- Report from David Li, JP Morgan Securities regarding invested funds
- Library Director
- Development – donor recognition for Teen Maker Space and Planning for Fall 2018 city-wide mailing
- Friends of the Newton Free Library
- Committees: Financial Reporting and Trustees/Friends coordination
- Continued Discussion – Children’s Area Renovation and Policy on Conduct in the Library (tabled until September)
- New Business – Landsberg donation proposal, Proposed Trustee’s Budget, CIP Planning
- Visitors Discussion
Newton Historical Commission: The Newton Historical Commission will meet on Thursday, July 26th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness to move house closer to Chestnut Street and build additions at 128 Chestnut Street
- Requests for Full Demolition – 11 Baker Place, 51 Hartman Road and 25, 31, 39, 40, 47, and 55 Moody Street
- Requests for Partial Demolition – 32 Taft Avenue (removal of roof and south elevation), 85 Bigelow Road – National Register property – request to demolish garage and construct additions, 47 Rokeby Road – Request to construct attached garage, 108 Concord Street – Request to construct an addition
- Request for Waiver Amendment – 44 Lombard Street – connect garage to house
- Request for Waiver Review – 919 Walnut Street – Request to waive demolition delay