Leadership Meeting: Chairs and Vice Chairs of City Council Committees will meet on Monday, June 4th at 6:45 p.m. in Room 211. All Council members are invited to attend. The agenda includes the following: Draft Guidelines for Committee Chairs and All Councilors, Upcoming Committee of the Whole meetings and other special events, and a discussion about technology in the Council Chambers.
Land Use Committee: The Land Use Committee will meet briefly on Monday, June 4th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205 to briefly discuss and vote on a request for an extension of time to exercise a special permit/site plan approval granted for 15 Cottage Street.
Full City Council Meeting – The Full City Council is scheduled to meet on Monday, June 4th at 7:45 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The Reports Docket can be found here and the New Docket can be found here and the Docket Addendum can be found here.
Land Use Committee Meeting: The Land Use Committee will meet on Tuesday, June 5th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The agenda includes the following:
- Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to further extend the existing non-conforming front setback by enclosing the front entrance at 12 Acorn Drive;
- Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow for a detached accessory apartment in an existing detached structure at 1224 Boylston Street;
- Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to construct a 2-story addition (455 sq. ft.) exceeding the FAR where .39 exists, .45 is allowed and .58 would be created at 39 Summit Street;
- Special Permit/Site Plan Approval to allow for a rear lot subdivision creating two lots demolish the existing structure and construct single family dwellings on each newly created lot at 156 Otis Street;
- Request to amend a previously granted special permit/site plan approval for Garden Remedies – a medical marijuana dispensary looking to allow for the sale of recreational marijuana and allow for additional modifications to the original permit including expanding hours, space, number of employees
- Special Permit/Site Plan approval to allow for a medical marijuana dispensary at 24-26 Elliot Street
Programs and Services Committee: The Programs and Services Committee will meet on Wednesday, June 6th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211 and then at 7:30 in the Council Chamber. The agenda includes the following:
- Two appointments to the Library Trustees: Bharat Bushan and Chris Kirby
- Request to transfer $75,000 from the Main Library Full-time Salaries Account to the Main Library Building Improvements Account for the purpose of installing a PA system
- Request to appropriate $100,000 from Free Cash to fund the repair of fences throughout the City
- Public Hearing on a Citizen’s Petition requesting that the City Council place a ballot question on the November 6, 2018 ballot to create prohibiting the retail sales of marijuana in the City of Newton that wasn’t already previously licensed and approved prior to July 1, 2017.
Public Facilities Committee: The Public Facilities Committee will meet on Wednesday, June 6th at 7:15 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Request to relocate a portion of a 20′ drain and easement (Boston College Middle Campus) located parallel to College Road
- Petition for a grant of location to install and maintain a 320 ‘ and 6″ gas in Short Street from an existing main on Montclair Road to an existing main on Beacon Street to provide new service for 1521 Beacon Street
- Petition for a sewer extension in Staniford Street
- Review of City Council regulations governing petitions for wireless communications including a discussion on amending the application fee ($500) for wireless attachment GoLs
- Request to appropriate $150,000 from Free Cash to make repairs to 1294 Centre Street (former Health Department Building)
- Request to appropriate $338,000 from bonded indebtedness to rehabilitate the Forest Grove pump station
- Request to transfer $150,000 from Current Year Budget Reserve to repair/replace streetlights
Public Safety and Transportation Committee: The Public Safety and Transportation Committee will meet on Wednesday, June 6th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Request to transfer $100,000 from Current Year Budget Reserve to purchase an Incident Command Vehicle for the Police Department
- Request for annual bus license renewal of Boston College bus licenses
- Request for triennial bus license renewals of 4 Trip Advisor bus licenses and one new bus license
- Submittal of Police Department reports of semi-annual taxi license/public auto inspections
- Request to transfer $100,000 from the Fire Department Full-time Salaries Account to the Fire Department Electricity Account to fund the increase in costs of electricity to the Fire Station #3 addition
- Request to appropriate $121,770 from Free Cash to replace 120 bottles for the self-contained breathing apparatus
- Request to appropriate $33,739 from Free Cash to purchase an extractor and gear dryer for Fire Station #1 and Fire Station #2