City Council Committee of the Whole: The City Council will meet as a Committee of the Whole on Monday, May 7th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber with the Chair of the Finance Committee presiding in order to hold a public hearing on the proposed FY2018 Water/Sewer Rates, Storm Water Fees and the Capital Improvement Plan and Supplemental Capital Improvement Plan. The Notice of the Public Hearing can be found here and the agenda can be found here.
Full City Council Meeting: Following the Public Hearing, will be the regularly scheduled meeting of the Full City Council in the Council Chamber. The Reports docket can be found here and the new docket can be found here.
Land Use Committee: The Land Use Committee will meet on Tuesday, May 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber. The agenda includes the following:
- Petition to amend a previously granted special permit granted for 199 Boylston Street to allow non-accessory parking to lease 496 parking spaces to off-site, third party users (Please note there is a request to postpone this request until May 15th)
- Petition to allow an 18-unit multi-family development at 189-193 Adams Street/19 Quirk Street (greater than 20,000 sq. feet, 4-story structure, allow for a density bonus and increase the number of inclusionary units, reduce the parking requirements including number of spaces, size of spaces, and aisle width requirements, and waive lighting requirements)
- Petition to extend a non-conforming setback at 140 Windermere Road to allow for construction of a second story deck above an existing sunporch
- Petition to exceed the FAR and lot coverage at 458 Woodward Street to allow for relocation of stairs and enclosure of existing porch (increasing lot coverage and FAR to .63 where .59 exists and .44 is allowed)
- Petition to amend a previously granted special permit for 5-7 and 11-19 Elm Street to allow for relocation of a driveway
- Request for an extension of time to execute and amend a previously granted special permit for 5-7 and 11-19 Elm Street in order to allow for relocation of a driveway
- Petition to allow for a rear lot subdivision at 156 Otis Street to create two lots, demolish an existing single-family dwelling and construct single-family dwellings on each lot
- Petition to amend a previously granted special permit for 145 Wells Avenue to extend the hours of operation and increase the number of customers at one time
The Public Hearing Notice can be found here.
Public Facilities Committee: The Public Facilities Committee will meet on Wednesday, May 9th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204. The agenda includes the following:
- Public Hearing on a petition for a grant of location relocate one pole and remove another pole to accommodate bus turnaround for Cabot School
- Public Hearing on a petition for a grant of location to install and maintain a gas main in Dedham Street at the intersection of Dedham and Carlson
- Request for authorization to appropriate and expend $200,000 from the Capital Stabilization Fund for Phase 1 of the Feasibility Study for the 150 Jackson Road project
- Request for authorization to appropriate and expend $70,000 from the Capital Stabilization Fund for the design of the Horace Mann elevator accessibility project
- Request for authorization to transfer the sum of $140,800 from Budget Reserve for Snow/Ice Removal and $110,000 from DPW Full-Time Salaries to Contracted Services Snow/Ice Removal as well as $670,000 from Overtime Snow/Ice Removal to Contracted Services/Snow Ice Removal
- Request for authorization to expend $3,700,000 from Bonded Indebtedness to upgrade water main infrastructure within the City
- Appointment of Councilor Andrea Kelley to the Design Review Committee
Programs and Services Committee: The Programs and Services Committee will meet on Wednesday, May 9th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda includes the following:
- Appointment of Naomi Krasner to the Council on Aging
- Appointment of Alison Sharma to the Council on Aging
- Appointment of Anil Adyanthaya to the Licensing Board
- Request for authorization to appropriate and expend $100,000 from Free Cash to fund the facility programming stage for an Active Living Center to address community and senior needs
Public Safety and Transportation Committee: The regularly scheduled meeting for the Public Safety and Transportation Committee has been cancelled. The Committee will meet on Thursday, May 10th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205. The agenda includes the following:
- Request to appropriate and expend $1,210,000 from Free Cash to purchase new portable radios for the Police and Fire Departments
- Request to appropriate and expend $600,000 from Free Cash to the Fire Department Overtime Account.
Land Use Committee Site Visit: The Land Use Committee will meet on Thursday, May 10th at 8:15 a.m. to conduct a site visit to 189 – 193 Adams Street for the special permit/site plan approval application to construct a multi-family development of 18 units. Notice of the site visit can be found here.