The following other City Boards and Commissions are scheduled to meet this week:
Crescent Street Working Group: The Crescent Street Working Group is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, July 25th at 4:00 p.m. in Room 204 and will discuss the following: Property Management, Project Budget, Schedule and have an open discussion. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Board of Library Trustees: The Board of Library Trustees are scheduled to meet on Wednesday, July 26th at 9:00 a.m. in the Trustees Room at the Main Library . In addition to hearing reports , the Trustees are expected to discuss the Library Building Improvements and review the draft plans for the Teen space draft plans. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Conservation Commission: The Newton Conservation Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, July 27th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204 and is expected to discuss the following:
- Notice of Intent(continued public hearing) – DEP File #239-787 — Various Locations City-Wide — Routine maintenance of roadways and sidewalks, stormwater systems, sewer lines, and water lines. The request is to streamline the permitting of routine maintenance and repair to City infrastructure under a generic Order of Conditions (OOC). To provide greater clarity about what is exempt, what will require coordination with the Agent under this OOC, and what will require an individual OOC.
- Request for Determination of Applicability – 525 Walnut Street –Request to restore old gravel driveway and install new curb cut
- Notice of Intent (cont’d) – 300 Hammond Pond Parkway –Request: reconstruction of existing water and sewer services within 100’ buffer Zone of bordering vegetated wetlands, replacement of a 3000 gallon underground storage tank (UST) and installation of a generator
- Notice of Intent – minor plan change request – 65 Harwich Road – Request: Replace required BZ fence (75’) with 8 native shrubs in back yard of new single family home.
- Notice of Inten (cont’d) – 5 Vaughn Avenue – Request: Demolition of existing single family home to construct new single family home
- Notice of Intent (cont’d)- 73 Beaconwood Road = Request: Demolition of existing single family Home to construct a duplex with drainage, landscaping, grading, and 12” culvert
- Certificate of Compliance – 331 California Street/ Bridge Street. — Repair a portion of DCR’s Charles River Greenway between 331 California St and Bridge St to improve existing trail.
- Memorandum of Understanding with Newton Yacht Club – Review revised Memorandum of Understanding for tree cutting, shrub planting, and stormwater improvements
The Commission will also review the Old Deer Park Trail. The agenda can be found here, packet documents can be found here. For more information, please contact Jennifer Steel by phone at 617-796-1134 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newton Historical Commission: The Newton Historical Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, July 27th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205 and is expected to discuss the following demolition requests:
- 1171 – 1173 Washington Street – request to demolish the building – National Register property
- Tower Road; Needham Street, and Charlemont Street bldgs – Demolition Review Request by MHC to review Adverse Effect finding
- 1615 Beacon Street, LLC – Project Review Request to approve site alterations for use as music school
- 27-29 Auburndale Avenue – Demolition Review Request to demolish house and buildings
- 12 Ober Road – Demolition Review Request to demolish house
- 108 Harwich Road – Demolition Review Request to demolish house
- 738 Watertown Street – Demolition Review Request to demolish house
- 9 Islington Road – Demolition Review Request to demolish house
- 45 Claremont Street – Demolition Review Request to demolish house
- 93-95 Withington Road – Demolition Review Request to demolish two-family building
- 58 Cottage Street – Demolition Review Request to demolish house
- 29 and 31 Greenwood Street, LLC – Partial Demolition Review Request to demolish rear additions on house; working session for barn
- 386 Watertown Street – Waiver Request Request to waive demo delay
The Agenda can be found here, the Staff Memo can be found here, and the Packet Information can be found here. For additional information, please contact Katy Hax Holmes by phone at 617-796-1143 or by email at: email@example.com.