The following City Boards and Commissions are scheduled to meet this week:
Commission on Disability: The Commission on Disability will meet on Monday, June 12th at 6:30 p.m. in Room 204 and will discuss the following: CDBG Report, potential locations for FY18 CDBG funded access projects, issues regarding access at Newton Wellesley Hospital, Handicap Parking fines, Treasurer’s Report, MAAB Variance –Adams & Clinton Curb Cut, ADA Coordinator’s Report, Accessible (HP) parking space request, Ruderman Foundation. The agenda can be found here. For more information, please contact Jini Fairley at phone at: 617-796-1253 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Newton Housing Authority: The Newton Housing Authority Board is scheduled to meet on Monday, June 12th at 7:30 a.m. at 82 Lincoln Street. The Notice of the Meeting can be found here.
The Planning and Development Board: The Planning and Development Board is scheduled to meet on Monday, June 12th at 7:45 p.m. in Room 205 and is expected to discuss the following: discussion and vote on the proposed amendments to the rDNA ordinance and will join the Zoning and Planning Committee for the Public Hearing on the recommendation by the Newton Historical Commission to create an Historic District in West Newton. The agenda can be found here.
School Committee: The School Committee will hold a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. in Room 304 to discuss Elementary School after school hours. The Notice of the Meeting can be found here. The School Committee will meet on Monday, June 12th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 210 at the Ed Center. The agenda can be found here.
Auburndale Historic District Commission: The Auburndale Historic District Commission will meet on Tuesday, June 13th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205 to discuss the following requests for Certificate of Appropriateness: request to install a fence at 119 Windermere Road, request to replace the bulkhead and basement windows at 41 Hancock Street, request to renovate house; replace windows, siding, gutters, rear roof, garage roof and rear patio; install fence; expand rear dormer and change rear entry area at 33 Hancock Street, request for approval of front retaining wall and other changes to front and rear site plan at 74 Grove Street, (work was done without permission – Violation). The agenda can be found here. For more information, please contact Barbara Kurze by phone at: 617-796-1129 or by email at email@example.com.
Election Commission: The Election Commission is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, June 13th at 5:00 p.m. in Room 211 and is scheduled to have a conversation with Representatives of the Charter Commission and Law Department regarding required mailings for the November 7, 2017 Election. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Board of Assessors: The Newton Board of Assessors is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, June 14th at 9:00 a.m. in Room 108. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Charter Commission: The Newton Charter Commission is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, June 14th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The Commission will receive public comments, review a draft letter to the City Council, review the Ballot Question Summary, and review Educational Materials. The agenda can be found here.
Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission: The Chestnut Hill Historic District Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, June 14th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 205 and is expected to discuss the following applications for Certificate of Appropriateness: request to replace fence and add fence sections for property located at 19 Reservoir Avenue, request to repair roof slates, replace gutters and install snow guard for property located at 30 Chestnut Hill Road, request to install fence at the front of the property for property located at 119 Old Orchard Road, request to build single-story rear addition with roof deck; change rear grading, existing railing, and garage doors and openings, remove chimney; and replace all existing windows and the roof for property located at 46 Chestnut Hill Road, request to change windows at front and side of house, to remove all shutters and to replace rear addition for property located at 41 Chestnut Hill Road, request to revise window program and garage connector and to install lights on the front for property located at 34 Beacon Street, and continuation of a discussion for a request to pave driveway and to install front parking space, front walkway and landing area for property located at 413 Hammond Street. The agenda can be found here. For more information, please contact Barbara Kurze by phone at: 617-796-1129 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newton Conservation Commission: The Newton Conservation Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, June 14th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204 and is expected to review the following:
- Request for Determination of Applicability to perform final grading within the 100 foot buffer in order to accommodate for an addition to a single-family home for property located at 76 Webster Park,
- informal discussion regarding a request amend a planting plan for property located at 55 Wayne Road,
- informal discussion regarding a request to add a deck that will stick into the 25 foot buffer zone for property located at 31 Harwich Road,
- Notice of Intent filed by the MBTA to cut and prune trees adjacent to the railroad Right of Way (ROW) within jurisdictional areas and buffer zones. (Note: There are 59 trees within wetlands jurisdiction proposed to be cut or pruned: 38 – Con Com land, 12 – Parks and Rec land, 7 – private land, 2 – MBTA land. Many others are tagged to be monitored). The affected properties include: Webster Conservation Area, Webster Pk, 109 Allerton Rd, 1445 Centre St, 34 Renee Ter., 21 Beacon Heights Dr., 29 Beacon Heights Dr., 46 Suffolk Rd., and 32 Suffolk Rd.
- DCR’s park building used for AA meetings has formalized lawn parking
- Cutting at Ware’s Cove under the guise of “invasive pull” by a private citizen – A 20’ swath was completely cleared of trees, shrubs and vines, right to the water’s edge
- discussion of whether there is interest to consider adopting a Vernal Pool Protection Bylaw