The following City Boards and Commissions will meet this week:
Council on Aging: The Council on Aging and the Advisory Board will meet on Tuesday, May 23rd at 7:30 p.m. at the Newton Senior Center, 345 Walnut Street, Newtonville. The agenda can be found here.
Newton Free Library Trustees Meeting: The Newton Free Library Trustees will meet on Wednesday, May 24th at 10:00 a.m in the Trustees Room at the Main Library. The agenda can be found here.
Conservation Commission: The Conservation Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, May 25th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 204 and discuss the following: Request for Determination of Applicability for revamping gas distribution system and cutting a row of dying pine trees for property located at 1 Nonantum Road – Newton Yacht Club, Notice of Intent to control/manage invasive aquatic weed (fanwort, milfoil, water chestnut, water lilies) and algae populations using a variety of management strategies for property located at Ware’s Cove at the Charles River, question regarding whether the Conservation Commission will become a signatory to the impending Notice of Intent for tree cutting in wetlands jurisdiction across Newton – 71 trees are to be cut or pruned or monitored for property along the MBTA Right of Way, request to extend an Order of Conditions for a 1-year extension to allow for the completion of the porous pavement and replacement of 4 shrubs for property located at 777 Dedham Street, request for E-Cert Ratification to alleviate flooding by pumping floodwaters and removing trees for property along the Sawmill Brook (at Wayne Road). The Commission will also discuss with the MBTA about cutting trees on Conservation properties (Houghton Garden and Webster Conservation Area) in uplands – i.e., granting permission for work on public land. Will the Conservation Commission allow the proposed tree cutting on upland Conservation Commission land? 56 trees are currently identified to be removed, topped, pruned, or monitored. The agenda can be found here. The packet documents can be found here. For more information, please contact Jennifer Steel by phone at: 617-796-1134 and by email at email@example.com.
Newton Historical Commission: The Newton Historical Commission will meet on Thursday, May 25th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 205 and will review the following:
- Request to waive a demo delay for property located at 65 Chase Street
- CLG Eligibility Report Request by Ward 5 Councilor to prepare report for submission to the Mass Historical Commission for property located at 142 Neshobe Road
- CLG Eligibility Report (MOVED TO JUNE 22nd) Request by Ward 7 councilor to prepare report for submission to Mass Historical Commission for property located at 6 Woodchester Road
- Demolition Review Request to demolish property for property located at 2 Bemuth Road
- Demolition Review Request to demolish property for property located at 400 Cherry Street
- Demolition Review Request to demolish property for property located at 174 Allen Avenue
- Waiver Request Request to waive demo delay for property located at 19 Simpson Terrace/Dale Road
- Partial Demolition Move Request Request to add onto side and rear, move forward on same lot for property located at 105 Morton Street
- Waiver Request Request to waive demo delay for property located at 16 Dalby Street
- Waiver Request Request to waive demo delay for property located at 138 Berkeley Street
Traffic Council: The Traffic Council will meet on Thursday, May 25th at 7:00 p.m. in Room 211. The agenda can be found here.